What is Safe Church?
Safe Church (a term borrowed from the Christian Reformed Church) is Faith Presbyterian's system of policies and procedures to equip our leaders, volunteers, and members in abuse awareness, prevention, and response. Faith Presbyterian Church is committed to safeguarding those serving and being served, particularly in the case of children and the most vulnerable among us. While we rely ultimately on the sovereign protection of our Lord, we also recognize that he has called us to exercise wisdom and prudence in our care for his people. Policies help create a nurturing environment to worship and grow in faith, while minimizing the risk of abuse or false allegations of abuse. These policies are designed to:
- Reflect the high value that Jesus places on his children.
- Promote healthy relationships.
- Establish a safe and healthy environment at church.
- Protect vulnerable populations.
- Prevent abuse with training and accountability.
- Create opportunities to talk about abuse and increase awareness; abuse thrives in silence and secrecy, and we must not let it thrive at church.
- Respond effectively with justice and compassion to situations of abuse.
To learn more, please click the button below to read the entire Safe Church Manual.