Ministry Partners [Outreach]
who we are
The Community Outreach Team are members of the congregation whose goal is to create opportunities for our congregation to build bridges with the community, with travel that goes both ways, and partner with established ministries.
How do we approach community outreach?
There are four ways that we support community outreach:
- Partnering: Looking to support and work with established groups and ministries
- Hosting: Inviting the community into our church for specific events
- Teaching: Equipping the congregation to be missionaries
- Sending: Encouraging members to “Go” where you live, work, and play
How do we choose organizations to be Ministry Partners?
We evaluate our Ministry Partners in the following three areas:
1) Core Values
- Is the partnership a good fit for Faith?
- Is there alignment of the Mission Statements?
- If there is doctrinal teaching, does it align with the general teachings of the PCA?
- Do we have a connection in/with our congregation? Who/What is it?
- Will our congregations involvement and commitment of resources have a marked impact?
- Are there opportunities for service and does this mobilize our congregation towards service?
3) Financial Support
- Is the organization willing to provide annual updates to the Outreach Team?
- Would you give your personal funds to support this organization?
Evaluation: If the answer to any of the above questions is “No”, this does not mean that the organization is not doing good work, or is still not a good fit for Faith, but further evaluation may be required. As a small congregation, we have limited resources (volunteers, time, funds, etc.) and we want to ensure we are having the greatest impact on our community we can. There are opportunities to apply for an Outreach Grant that may better suit an initial partnership.