SERVE: Our Church
He makes the whole body [the church] fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love. - Ephesians 4:16
From working with kids, to music, hospitality, graphic design and more- there are plenty of opportunities for you to discover the gifts God has given you and use them for the good of His church here at Faith. Contact Elise North at email@example.com to learn how you can get started.
SERVE: Our Community
And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I sent you...Pray to the LORD for it, for its welfare will determine your welfare. - Jeremiah 29:7
We believe that God calls us as the church to work for the good of our city. With that goal, Faith partners with a number of community organizations, including:
- Athens Pregnancy Center: Crisis pregnancy center and counseling
- Area Churches Together Serving (ACTS): Oconee County clothing and food bank* (see more info below)
- Chosen for Life: Foster care and adoption services
- Covenant College: College of the Presbyterian Church of America
- Downtown Academy: Inner-city Christian school in downtown Athens
- Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church: Church plant in Athens, Georgia
- Grace and Men: Christian conferences for men
- Jefferson Community Church: Church plant in Jefferson, Georgia
- Mercy Health Center: Christian Health Resource Center for the uninsured
- Missionary Care Ministry: Snows Mill Guesthouse for missionaries
- Mother's Morning Out: Tuesday/Thursday childcare at Faith Presbyterian
- Oconee County Public Schools: Student mentoring and serving families in need
- One by One: Nicaraguan mission
- Westminster Christian Academy: Private Christian school in Watkinsville
We support these great partners through volunteering and awareness, as well as financially.
*ACTS (Area Churches Together Serving) is a collaborative ministry of Oconee County churches working together to provide material and emotional support for those people with emergency needs in our community. ACTS serves individuals referred by participating churches and agencies such as Department of Human Services and ACTION.
The ACTS Distribution Center, located at 130 East Thompson Street in Bogart, is open on Tuesday and Friday between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. When an individual in need arrives at ACTS, they are greeted by a friendly volunteer and asked to complete some simple paperwork. Additional volunteers load a grocery cart full of perishable and non-perishable food items. While the person waits, they can peruse the clothes closet for clothes, shoes, household items, toys, and more at no cost.
Faith Presbyterian specifically collects peanut butter and powdered milk for ACTS, but any donations are accepted and appreciated. Moreover, a group of volunteers from Faith volunteer at ACTS on the third Tuesday of every other month. For more information, please contact Sean Hessenthaler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SERVE: Our World
And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere-- in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. - Acts 1:8
God is at work not only here in the Athens area, but also around the world. Faith sends teams on short-term mission trips every year, and also has the privilege of partnering with the following missionaries across the globe:
- Ben & Anna Coppedge: Reformed University Fellowship, University of Georgia (USA)
- Ruth Dinkins: Mission to the World, Edward Lane Bible Institute (Brazil)
- Dan & Nora Emig: Global Hope Network International
- David & Lisa Fish: Global Outreach, Good Shepherd’s Fold (Uganda)
- Gabriel & Norma Glory: Presbyterian Evangelistic Fellowship, Shalom Ministries (Mexico)
- Ken & Betty Hewett: Worldwide Discipleship Association, Headquarters (USA)
- Tokuhiro & Chiho Meiri: Mission to the World (Japan)
- Thomas & Melanie Mercer: Cru, Georgia Tech (USA)
- George & Martha Mixon: World Harvest Mission (Kenya)
- Jim & Ginger Moore: JAARS, Headquarters (USA)
- Jeff & Caroline Thompson: Reformed University Fellowship International, University of Georgia (USA)
- Alli & Michael Townsend: Every Nation Campus Ministries, Augusta University (USA)
- Luke & Leanne Turk: Presbyterian Evangelistic Fellowship (Central African Republic)
- Cafe 1040: Mobilizing the emerging generation of missionaries in the 10/40 Window, where the majority of unreached people groups live. [Specific names not listed for safety.]
Missions and you
Reaching the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ is the responsibility of every Christian. Yet so many of us become consumed with our own life and allow the need for evangelism (locally and globally) to fade out of our scope of priorities.
Our church believes in missions and we make it a priority to make a difference. Over the last decade, we have committed to and given an estimated $1,000,000 in the support and promotion of missions in our own community and around the world. We support dozens of individual missionary families and works in Athens/Oconee, the United States, Asia, Latin America, and Africa. And each year, we refresh our perspective for reaching the world with the gospel at our annual Missions Conference. We hope to educate, equip and inspire our congregation to embrace their role in the completion of the Great Commission: to go as missionaries, to pray for missions, and/or to give to missions.
- PRAY: Commit to praying fervently and regularly for
- Your friends and family who need to hear the gospel.
- Our congregation and those reached through programs like Playgroup, Mother’s Morning Out, Mercy Ministry, or VBS.
- The short-term summer missions trips.
- Our local ministry partners.
- Our full-time missionaries around the world.
- Tithe to the general fund to support missions and ministry partners in our budget.
- Donate items needed for VBS.
- Give a one-time special offering to support Faith Summer Missions.
- Purchase peanut butter or dry milk for ACTS.
- Become a monthly financial supporter for a full-time missionary.
- Tell that friend you’ve been praying for about the good news of the gospel.
- Serve at Faith with the host team, children’s and student ministry, or VBS.
- Join one of our short-term trips.
- Volunteer with one of our local ministry partners.
- Be sent as a full-time missionary.
Please note: Sign-up may be required. Spotify is a free online streaming music platform that allows users to listen to songs on demand over the Internet while still paying artists for the use of these tracks.