We offer English as a Second Language (ESL) classes throughout the year at Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced levels. Classes are led by trained volunteers who are excited to meet you and help you learn. Anyone who would like to learn English is welcome!
- Beginner - For those who speak little to no English.
- Intermediate - For those who know just enough English to "get by."
- Advanced - For those who want to improve their pronunciation and accent and to feel more comfortable conversing at work, at school, and in the community.
Classes are a 12-week course in Conversational English. Attendees must purchase a $25 textbook, but all classes are free! Free childcare is also provided for ages 0-12 years old.
summer esl book club:
We are hosting a weekly book club during the summer for all ESL students! We will read through a novel each week and meet to discuss and practice our English conversation and vocabulary. FREE childcare will be provided!
Dates/Times: May 30-August 1 (Wednesdays) from 6:30-8 pm
Please contact Robin Weinrich (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information!
Fall 2018 classes
We are offering another round of ESL classes in the Fall on Tuesday evenings from 7-9 PM and Wednesday mornings from 9-11 AM:
- Tuesdays, August 21 - November 6, 2018 from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Wednesdays, August 22 - November 7, 2018 from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Please plan also to attend one of the in-person registration events at Faith Presbyterian Church on either:
- Tuesday, August 14 from 7-9 PM, OR
- Wednesday, August 15 from 9-11 AM
If you are a RETURNING student, please pre-register to reserve your seat in class - no need to attend registration!
We also offer ongoing registration throughout the semester. If you would like to join our ESL classes, please stop by during one of the class times listed above.
There are lots of resources available online to help you continue your ESL learning. Here are a few of our favorite suggestions:
- Alphabet/ABCs YouTube Videos:
- Intermediate Resources
- Advanced Resources